Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

35 with 2 boys, looking for DD - fertility challenges

I've been lurking for a few weeks (seriously obsessing actually, have to stop that!) I found the forum literally the day after we BDd right on O day last month, and I was biting my nails waiting for AF b/c I really want to try for a girl! She came yesterday (YAY!) so now I'm ready to post an introduction.

I have two wonderful sons - a 15 year old (9th grade - high school, yikes!) and a 2.5 year old whom I am still breastfeeding. I am so ready for a girl to balance out all of the rowdy, messy men in my house - although, with my luck, she will probably just roll with the boys anyway!

I turn 35 in April (right before our first planned attempt), and I have only one working tube due to a ruptured ectopic back in 2005 that was almost the end of me... so we're going to play it safe, try to get pg fast, go with diet/supps only (Vitex, CalMag, Folic) and forgo the pH, timing, ions etc etc. At least I have the seasons and the Chinese calendar going for me

I have already started the original French Gender Diet, because that is what will work best for me. There is no way I will stick to a diet that doesn't allow me to eat at least some meat and cheese (I am such a cheeseaholic, it is not even funny). I also don't eat many grains (I've been paleo/primal for years, I'm mildly intolerant and plus, they make me gain like CRAZY) so I'm practically living on dairy and low-potassium veggies (milk, yogurt, kefir, low sodium soft cheese; eggplant, green beans, leeks etc). I've been on the diet for two weeks and it's working out pretty well. I am an avid cook and we almost NEVER eat out, so it's been pretty easy to control. Definitely will be doing lowfat milk and sticking to the diet amount limits. I have about 15 lbs to lose and aim to get it mostly off by my attempt at the end of April.

And in case anyone is interested... I already log everything I eat and have for YEARS - out of curiosity, I did an analysis of my diet around the time DS2 was conceived and had a potassium-sodium/cal mag ratio of over 6 to 1 (if I'm doing the math correctly...) I've been calculating it out the over the past two weeks following the diet pretty strictly (based on the original French Gender Diet standards) and I am now at a ratio of 1.5 to 1... So, there ya go... here's hoping the minerals theory works for me!

Looking forward to chatting with all of you!
    Last edited by Ribbons; February 9th, 2012 at 06:19 PM.

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow. Great info! Welcome and good luck!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi, welcome, and best of luck with your girl sway

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi, welcome! good luck with your sway!
    08 09 12

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    welcome good luck with you sway xxx
    Mommy to 2006 2008

BFP 13-12-2011 Praying for healthy But a healthy would be nice too

Make a pregnancy ticker

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome. I hope you get your lil lady. I admire how informed you are about food and what works with your body. Good Luck.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good luck!
    Mom to 3 6,7,9
    Dreaming of or someday

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome!