Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

We got our girl, but....

We finally got our girl but sadly miscarried at 7+5 weeks due to trisomy 22 Odd thing was that I wasn't really swaying yet. I was taking the supps until about a week and a half before my scheduled surgery (previous post if you want to refresh your memory) except for the SP and cranberry which I only took pre-o and I was eating a ton of dairy... not planned, just happened that way. I love dairy (cottage cheese, greek yogurt, milk[mostly lactaid * I think* as my youngest is lactose sensitve], etc.) and dairy makes it super easy to get my protein in so, while we were gearing up to start the sway diet(got preg in March when I was still looking into swaying), 75%+ of my diet at the time of conception was dairy. I was also eating eggs frequently. Also, we weren't TTC but we knew we were going to TTC soon so we were lax in the "3 days after confirmed ovulation" charting rule and DTD after 2 consecutive days of LH surge, AFTER my signs went to infertile status with the mind set that it was unlikely we were going to conceive at that point but if we did then so be it. Also, again not planned just the way it happened as my sex drive was unusually low that cycle, DH and I abstained for only 4 days prior... not ideal, i think, as far as a sway goes but it's something, right?

Anyway, DH and I are waiting on chromosome analysis results on us to determine if her trisomy 22 was a fluke or if we dealt her a bad hand, so we may not even be able to continue TTC. However, I am curious if I did just enough right to sway or did it all wrong and just got lucky? honestly, with everything that has gone on I can't recall most of the rules (going to read old post to refresh my memory, but I am not going to be able to power through like last time as I have to take baby stuff in small doses to avoid upsetting myself). So, if someone could weigh-in here it'd be appreciated.

ETA: Ok, I am still working on rereading stuff and I was reading a few things and it said clomid was the easiest sway? Is that true? Why is that? Also, lots of mentions of alcohol. How much does that sway? Is it any alcohol or just wine (wine coolers work? or vodka(we have some)?) and how much (quantity) are we talking? I ask because I am what you call a cheap date, lol. I get a strong buzz just from a wine cooler, not a long lasting one but a buzz none the less. This is because of my digestive issues. Alcohol hits me hard and fast but wears off quickly. Also, is the alcohol a AF-O thing or just during the fertile period?

Also, I have switched from prilosec to xantac due to ins requirements. Does xantac sway? Also, it's a long shot but I had a D&C under general anesthesia, does that sway and for how long? I have to wait until after first PP AF before we can try... IF we can try (like I said we are waiting on test results) and my HCG just recently gotten low enough to give me BFNs and I am nearly 3 weeks post D&C... so I may have awhile yet.
    Last edited by twointow83; May 29th, 2015 at 03:12 PM.
    Our family is complete
    My precious babies: 2006 , 2010 2016
    Too beautiful for earth: 2009- (20+5). 2015- (8w), CP, (8w)

Please pardon typos~ Nursing @ keyboard

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So sorry for your loss. I believe any loss will sway girl for a little while. I don't really know about the others and how they might sway.
    2009 2011 7/2016

Due in October with our baby girl!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the reply. Assuming genetic analysis comes back showing no or low risk of repeat we plan to start TTC again immediately following my first PP AF as there is a study that shows conceiving w/in 6 months of a loss has better outcomes, my doctor backed this up too, and that certainly proved true with our current angel baby. He was conceived 5 months after our loss and I had a complicated pregnancy but he is alive and well. We are hoping for a quick conception like this last time but know there is a possibility it could take awhile since our longest TTC was 2 years to conceive our first angel baby. My doctor said we could try clomid to speed the process to encourage conception before the 6 month mark, but I have not decided if I will do it yet as I recently read something that said clomid increases you chances of genetic anomalies and such... it is a fine line and with two losses I am scared of everything, lol. Anyway, thanks for the reply

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So sorry for your loss but Trisomny 22 is common and it is not due to anything genetic with you or DH most likely.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, I know it was most likely a fluke... but if hubby or I carry what is known as a balanced translocation associated with chromosome 22 then it is possible that it came from one of us. Basically, in that case, what happens is one of two things. Either the offspring will be normal but carry the same balance translocation or if the genes don't line up and duplicate properly at conception the baby ends up with an UNbalanced translocation or trisomy, the effects of which are determined by the location of the translocation. For example, if trisomy is located on the 21st chromosome you end up with a child with Down's, but in the case on the 22nd chromosome this is incompatible with life. So, basically if we learn that one of us does carry this translocation and we have a high chance of repeated loss we will likely not TTC anymore.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So sorry for your loss. In my experience they do testing like this just to make sure it was a fluke. The chances of it being a fluke are much larger than anything else. Hope that eases your mind a bit and you'll go on to have another healthy baby.
    Mummy to a girl, born sleeping & two gorgeous & loud little boys

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The loss will definitely sway, and the Clomid too so I'd grab that for sure. Be strict on the diet & cardio if you do that, and I'd BD every 4 days the first Clomid cycle, then every 3 days tye 2nd one if you don't get lucky.

I'm so sorry for your loss but highly doubt it was anything but bad luck. If you got a girl eithout a proper sway then swaying will only raise your chances of another one. Best of luck to you!

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after removìng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

8. Likes twointow83 liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok, I am still working on rereading stuff and I was reading a few things and it said clomid was the easiest sway? Is that true? Why is that? Also, lots of mentions of alcohol. How much does that sway? Is it any alcohol or just wine (wine coolers work? or vodka(we have some)?) and how much (quantity) are we talking? I ask because I am what you call a cheap date, lol. I get a strong buzz just from a wine cooler, not a long lasting one but a buzz none the less. This is because of my digestive issues. Alcohol hits me hard and fast but wears off quickly.

ETA: Also, is the alcohol a AF-O thing or just during the fertile period?
    Our family is complete

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

We got our girl, but....

I'm sorry for your loss. I hope your results come back normal.

Regarding the alcohol I know a lot of mamas still had a drunk or 2 in the tww also; but af-0 on your attempt month, or all month when not attempting.
    It's hard to know what key factors are working for us, when we have so many things that were using (diet, cardio, Clomid etc) but a drink here and there is helpful on LE I find, gives me some empty (ish) cals, and mellows me out a little (im kinda Martha-esque at times).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mom to 4 with one cooking Due Apr 19/16
    Going HT for end of 2016, early 2017

11. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you
    Our family is complete

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast