Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Twin Experts - help please!

This isn't a gender question, so I apologize if there is a better place to put this - NBP feel free to move it if it belongs elsewhere. These are my twins at 10w (although they are measuring more like 9w5d). I'm worried the line between them looks thin - does anyone have an opinion if they look like di/di or mono/di ? I was too in shock when my OB told it was twins to ask any questions and I don't go back for a real ultrasound until 15 weeks.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    DS1 (2012)
    Due 7/13/2015 ! Swayed pink and I am blessed to be with and (TWINS!)!

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Did they say is the placenta was fused or separate?
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    They look di/di which would indicate fraternal twins.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I forgot to ask about the placenta! She didn't even mention it. I have my fingers crossed for fraternal twins.
    DS1 (2012)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    They look like my U/S twin pics - they were di/di - fraternal boys. The placenta's sometimes fuse during the course of the pregnancy. Mine did. Took 3 people to lift it out. It was enormous!
    Step (17)
    Step (15) & (12)
    Our IVF/ICSI twins (6) (OHW)
    Our HT DD (2)

14Cycle 1 (Dr Lin, CA): ER 14 Jan 2011. 5 eggs, 4 mature and fertilised w/ ICSI. 2 probe. Put back 2 XX's. 5dp5dt - BFP. 9dp5dt - 64. 13dp5dt - 81 Stop meds. 19dp5dt - 330. 22dp5dt - 890. 3 scans show small empty sac not progressing. Final scan before D&C at 7w5d shows HB 116 & a 5.5mm embryo measuring 6w1d. 8w4d - HB 144 & fetus is 11.5mm! 9w4d - no HB.....

Cycle 2 (Genea): ER 8 July 2011 (after 10 wks on DHEA). 9 eggs, 5 fertilised w/ ICSI, 2 embryo's sent for aCGH day 6 biopsy. 29 July - both normal XX's!!!

Cycle 3 (Genea): Natural FET 15 March 2012. 4dp5dt BFP. 9dp5dt - 251. 12dp5dt - 949. HB 133 @ 6w3d. Born 6 Nov 2012.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think they are fraternal. Just my inexpert guess, plus an intuitive feeling. Huge congrats on the twins!!! How are you feeling about it all?

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by maidentomother View Post
    I think they are fraternal. Just my inexpert guess, plus an intuitive feeling. Huge congrats on the twins!!! How are you feeling about it all?
    I was pretty upset when my ob told me (and shocked! I'm young, have no twins in my family and wasn't taking any clomid, etc). Since then I'm really excited about the thought of having twins, but so scared of losing one or both. I know the m/c risk is very high with twins so I'm just praying everyday that they both hang on. I have seen you mention losing b/g twins before - I'm so sorry !
    DS1 (2012)

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    They are di/di. They have the lambda sign. They could still be identical though! I had di/di identical twins.
    One perfect born 7/11.

HT identical twin boys born 4/14

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congratulations on your twins, how very exciting! Although I suspected that my second pregnancy was twins it was still a shock when we found out! Are you hoping for frats because it means there are two chances that you may get a girl? I was thinking along those lines but alas, mine were identical and after having a MC 4 months before getting pregnant with them, decided not to sway. Now I have three boys and two of them match.
    It can be quite difficult to figure out the number of placenta's even for a trained sonographer. The earlier the scan in the pregnancy the better because the babies are smaller so easier to see what is around them and where they implanted. I still can not understand why they waited until 16 weeks to try and figure out my situation.

My first scan was at 12 weeks which was when we found out we were having twins. The sonographer just did the normal 12 week scan x 2 so didn't figure out what kind of twin pregnancy it was then. Don't beat yourself up for not asking questions because how would you know what to ask when you have not had twins before? Plus the shock! Dp sweared alot in that 30mins. It may be all confusing now but believe me, you will be a twin pregnancy expert by the time these babies arrive. At least if you read like I did. I read like crazy because knowing stuff made me feel a bit more in control of so many scary unknowns.

My next scan was at 16 weeks to try and figure out the chorionicity. ( amount of placenta's, bad spelling sorry) My line was thin and the lady thought it was one placenta but was not 100% sure. I was treated like a 1 placenta, 2 sacs pregnancy to be on the safe side so scans were every two weeks. It was that scan that I found out they were BOTH boy's and I didn't watch the rest of thew scan due to disapointment but I would not change them now. They are so close. Twin boys are amazing. I only ever wanted one girl though and can not let go so hoping to do HT to get our last child and a daughter.

Just so you know, 1 in 9 (I have read) twin pregnancies with two placenta's turn out to be identical twins but many people are told that they are having fraternal twins because I suppose since it is almost a definite people got a bit lazy with explaining the facts. I have heard many a story of people having same sex "frats" only to have people not be able to tell them apart easily and ending up getting a DNA text which has told them that their twins have the same DNA! It happens when the egg splits really early after being fertilized.

Goodluck for your pregnancy and I hope there is a girl in there for you.
    DPs sons 21 +13 11 + our 6 4 year old identical twins!

I might actually be over my deep yearning for a and it's an exciting feeling

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MatildaMai View Post
    They look like my U/S twin pics - they were di/di - fraternal boys. The placenta's sometimes fuse during the course of the pregnancy. Mine did. Took 3 people to lift it out. It was enormous!
    The line does look fatter than mine and it was confirmed in the end to be Mo/di. The placenta was huge, like another baby!Name:  Twins 12 weeks.jpg
Views: 4330
Size:  11.1 KB

Here is my 12 week scan pic. You can barely see a dividing line but there was one and it was often hard to find during scans.
    DPs sons 21 +13 11 + our 6 4 year old identical twins!

I might actually be over my deep yearning for a and it's an exciting feeling

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast